Communique from the National Indigenous Congress in Support of the APPO
“We are Calling on the Mexican People… to not Falter in the Path nor Let the Voice Fall Against State Terror and for a New Mexico, Truly Free, Just and Democratic”
By The National Indigenous Congress
The Other Mexico
October 31, 2006
The indigenous people and organizations that adhere to this present proclamation, members of the National Indigenous Congress, profoundly CONDEMN the violent acts and the repression unleashed during these days by the Mexican government against the Popular Assembly of the People of Oaxaca (APPO)and DEMAND:
- The immediate and unconditional liberation of all political prisoners, products of the repressive actions, past and present, unleashed by the Mexican State against the APPO and the democratic teachers’ association, as the immediate and unconditional cancellation of all fines and other penal procedures initiated with the motives signaled by these repressive actions.
- The absolute retreat of all police, military and paramilitary forces from the city of Oaxaca and all areas where the APPO has a presence.
- The punishment of those responsible for having ordered and committed the acts of repression, violence, abuse of authority, systematic violence of human rights and the premeditated assassinations committed against the members of the APPO and the journalist Bradley Roland Will.
- The immediate stop to the repression of the state against the APPO and the democratic teachers’ association, against the indigenous people and against all the people of Oaxaca.
- The immediate removal and impeachment of the tyrant, Ulises Ruiz, as the constitutional governor of Oaxaca and a political judgment against him with the goal of forcing him to face the consequences for his criminal conduct.
Ultimately, in accord with the resolutions of the 4th Indigenous National Congress, we demand the liberation of all political prisoners that are in our country and we call on the people of Mexico and all adherent organizations and individuals to the Otra Campaña (The Other Campaign) to not falter in the path nor let fall the voice against state terror and for a new Mexico, truly free, just and democratic that hold the heroic example of the people of Oaxaca as a valuable seed.
México, October 30, 2006.
NEVER AGAIN A MÉXICO WITHOUT US
FOR AN INTEGRAL RECONSTITUTION OF OUR PEOPLES
COMMUNITY WIXÁRIKA OF SANTA CATAINA CUAXCOMATITLÁN, JALISCO.
COMMUNITY COCA OF MEZCALA, JALISCO
HIGHER COUNCIL OF THE COMMUNITY NAHUA OF AYOTITLÁN, JALISCO
COMMUNITY NAHUA OF TUXPAN, JALISCO
COMMUNITY PURHÉPECHA OF NURÍO, MICHOACÁN
COMMUNITY PURHÉPECHA OF CHERÁN, MICHOACÁN
COMMUNITY ÑAHÑU OF SAN PEDRO ATLAPULCO, ESTADO DE MÉXICO
DAY LABORERS COLLECTIVE OF THE COMMUNITY MAYA DE TIKUL, YUCATÁN
COLLECTIVE IN REBELLION SULJAA’, GUERRERO
RADIO ÑOMNDAA OF THE XOCHISTLAHUACA MUNICIPALITY, GUERRERO
Click here for more Narco News coverage of Mexico
Lea Ud. el Artículo en Español
Lesen Sie diesen Artikel auf Deutsch
Legga questo articolo in italiano
Narco News is funded by your contributions to The Fund for Authentic Journalism.
Please make journalism like this possible by going to The Fund's web site
and making a contribution today.
- The Fund for Authentic Journalism
For more Narco News, click here.