Oaxaca: Informative Bulletin from the Sixth Commission of the EZLN
An Urgent Call to All Adherents at the National and International Levels to Condemn this New Demonstration of State Repression
By Subcomandante Marcos
The Other Mexico
June 14, 2006
Informative Bulletin from the Sixth Commission of the EZLN
(from the Other Mexico City)
June 14, 2006
To all the adherents to the Other Campaign and the Sixth Declaration:
The Sixth Commission of the EZLN informs you that it has received the following confirmed information:
- Police from the state government of Oaxaca, in unknown numbers, at approximately 4:30 this morning, attacked the camp that striking teachers from the state are maintaining in order to demand better working conditions and against the authoritarian government of Ulises Ruiz.
- The governmental aggression was accompanied by at least one helicopter that dropped teargas. The facilities of “Radio Plantón,” an alternative radio station in which several adherent organizations to the Other Campaign of the Oaxaca Zapatista Network (ROZ in its Spanish initials) were destroyed in the attack. People are speaking of at least 12 teachers arrested, an undefined number of injured (one of them seriously hurt in the eye), and a woman who may have had her pregnancy aborted by the gases.
- At this time (12:00) it has been confirmed that the teachers retook the Zócalo (central square) in Oaxaca City and are occupying it, and that the police have regrouped.
The Sixth Commission of the EZLN makes an urgent call to all adherents at the national and international levels to CONDEMN THIS NEW DEMONSTRATION OF STATE REPRESSION with public statements and actions of support, and…
- Not to trust any information disseminated about these events in the mass media.
- To give credence to the information provided by the teachers’ movement of Oaxaca through channels that the movement itself determines, to the information confirmed in the alternative media, and to the Other Oaxaca.
- To stay attentive to any actions that our compañeros from the Other Oaxaca who participate in the teachers’ movement require.
For the Sixth Commission of the EZLN.
Subcomandante Insurgente Marcos
Mexico, June 14, 2006
Click here for more Narco News coverage of Mexico
Lea Ud. el Artículo en Español
Lesen Sie diesen Artikel auf Deutsch
Lisez cet article en français
Legga questo articolo in italiano
Narco News is funded by your contributions to The Fund for Authentic Journalism.
Please make journalism like this possible by going to The Fund's web site
and making a contribution today.
- The Fund for Authentic Journalism
For more Narco News, click here.